Home Analyst Portal

When WI Page freezes after you've written a comment

Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
Sometimes due to random network hiccups, when I go to save a Work Item it isn't able to save.  This usually happens when I've written a rather lengthy comment(not the cause of the failure though ;) ).  What I've started doing to alleviate the issue of having to type the whole thing all over again or preemptively typing it in another location and pasting into the portal is open up the Dev tools while the portal is stalled and looking at pageForm.viewModel.AppliesToTroubleTicket in the console tab.  You can see all the comments there and mine will be the last one even if the work item isn't going to save.  Then I can copy the contents and reload the page and paste it back in without having to retype!  I just thought I'd share this tip in case anyone else runs into this.

Comments

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could this possibly be made into/part of a "failure" callback function, so that the system attempts it on your behalf?
  • Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe?  Not sure where the contents would go though?
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Into local storage while the page reloads, then inserted back into projection and re/saved?  Probably a more elegant way to do it, but I'm just following your manual steps as I think code might be able to accomplish them.

There's no way my help desk analysts are going to go to the console and splice JS objects in and out of tickets, but I see the start of something good here.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brian_Wiest - Thanks!  I've upvoted your FR.  I may try to build some customization around this soon.  I'm feeling strongly about this right now, but I'm also very busy right now!  As soon as I get some time, I'll throw together a POC and share it here...