Need to import into Assets with data from various sources
1. I am a full-stack developer with SSIS ETL knowledge
2. There is a list of items I am being told that needs to get loaded into 4 environments (dev,qa,uat,prod)
3. Some of the data is tracked with Excel - thus I assume I will have to write some ETL SSIS package to map the data and insert - but I really don't want to screw this up as I don't really know all the tables to insert into. Thoughts? links?
4. I did install the VSTO add-in ribbon into Excel and I can connect to Service Manager Console with it , but I'm not sure if large imports are useful with that tool , right?
5. Is there already a set and preferred way to do ETL into the Cireson ServiceManagement Database ( or do i instead into into tables of Servicemanager of Microsoft ?
6. How do i get up to speed to learn the steps that I need in order to import all this data?
Here is a list of items I need to import:
(i think N/A are things i don't need to import )
- Catalog Item
- Cost Center
- Purchase Order
- Invoice (N/A)
- License (N/A)
- Lease contract (N/A)
- Warranty Contract (N/A)
- Support and Maintenance contract
- Software Asset (N/A)
- Hardware Asset
- Consumables (N/A)