Home Analyst Portal

Data Conflict Warning window too small?

Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Is anyone else seeing that the Data Conflict Warning window is too small by default? Can this be fixed or configured?

Yes, it can be resized but...

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jason_Meyer - There's not a data conflict window. Let's say you submit an SR via a Request offering at 2:00:00pm. You immediately open the SR form at 2:00:15. The status is "New". At 2:00:35, the workflow runs to change the status of the SR to "In Progress", but you're still on the form you opened at 2:00:15. If you try to save any changes, the form you're looking at will be "out of date" due to changes made by the workflow(or any other external sources) and thus you will receive the data conflict error.

• Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Thanks Justin, I understand why we are getting the data conflict. 

I am asking about the size of the window and how it can be fixed to show all the text is shown to users.  I'm wasting time explaining to analysts that they can resize the window to see the whole message.

Is there a way to fix this?

Oh...Sorry 🙄

You could try something like this in your custom.css:

.k-window {

height: 350px!important;

}

• Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Justin, thanks for the code suggestion.  We implemented that and the Data Conflict window now looks correct.

However, our systems staff recently upgraded our test environment to 9.4.1 and now the Service Request Change Status window is getting cut off.   😂   Any suggestions on getting these windows to all be sized properly?

I would say just change that 350 to something like 500 or a height setting that works for both windows.