Home Service Manager

custom dropdown issue

Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi,

we created custom form for 'Server' objects in Authoring Tool.

When analyst opens configuration item (server) form no dropdowns can't be clicked. Switching to other form tab (e.g. Related Items) and back activates dropdowns.

Any suggestions what may be the cause? Thank you.

Comments

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Peter_Miklian

I did a quick search around this and this is Microsofts method for adding a list picker (Which I assume is what these drop downs are):

To add a List Picker control to a form

1. Ensure that the Form Customization Toolbox pane is open and that the form that you want to customize is open in the authoring pane.
    2. Drag the List Picker icon from the Form Customization Toolbox pane to the form. Click the List Picker control on the form.
    3. In the Details pane, select the List type property, and then click the ellipsis (...) icon. In the Select a list dialog box, select the list of items that will populate the List Picker control that you are creating. Select a list from the Available lists list.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Click any other property, such as Width or Height, in the Details pane to customize other properties of the List Picker control.
    6. Click File, and then click Save All to save the custom form to a management pack.

ORIGIN:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/system-center/scsm/auth-forms-auth-tool?view=sc-sm-2019

If you built the custom form using XAML, make sure you didn't disable the dropdown box in the XAML or something like that!

This may be helpful, if not let me know!

Thanks,

Shane

• Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi @Shane_White, I believe I followed that article when creating the form year ago. The list picker (=drop down) is filling with list values. The issue is that the default pane has to lost/re-get focus (click another tab and back) to show values. Right after opening the form lists seems to be inclickable.

I'll try to change some values and re-save the form if this won't help. Thanks anyway.

Hi @Peter_Miklian

I am not sure what might be causing it, but I did some searching around and would read the following and see if it helps:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/34cf54b3-ac55-43dc-9527-b89a8c3f8dad/default-focus-on-tab-items-in-customized-forms?forum=systemcenterservicemanager

Thanks,

Shane

• Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Thank you, @Shane_White. I already saw something like 'change value and change it back' in some other article. I will do some tests, but not now as it's not a big deal for us. I was just curious and wanted to be ready when implementing new requirements for new version of current form in the future.

No worries, let us know how you get on! Since it is SCSM Authoring have you thought of reaching out to MS?

Shane