Home Service Manager

I have one department that would like to connect their data analytics to our Service Portal / Cireso

Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I have one department that would like to connect their data analytics to our Service Portal / Cireson environment. I would like to limit their view to just their Support Groups tickets.

We have SSRS hooked up to our data warehouse and they can export tickets there to a spreadsheet, but they would like to connect their data analytics to the database directly so that they can do analytics on live data.

Which leads us to giving them READ access to the database, but thinking we should build a separate view or something that limits their scope.

Is there any documentation or experience on how to do this? I'm also reaching out to Microsoft in the System Center Service Manager technet pages.

Answers

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

We have a couple of departments that do the same function. To facilite their need we provided read only access to the data warehouse, some example SQL queires to get the need info from IR/SR they generate. And so what they do is copy every IR/SR into their own SQL database and run reports/metrics etc from their database.

HTH