Home Analyst Portal

Cookie declaration and accessibility (EU directives)

Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Our org is starting to get up to date with the EU directives for cookies and (as a public institution) accessibility, for our internal sites. We've been prioritizing public-facing sites, but now we need to get the internal up-to-code as well.

Cookies

I'm trying to get an overview of which cookies the portal stores ootb, as we need to describe the type, purpose etc of each one. I see the session cookies __RequestVerificationToken and CPAuth, which sounds like cookies used to authenticate, but why are there two, and what is the difference? And what is the last NSC* cookie for?

And in local storage I see all the gridState cookies, cireson_last_read_announcement and sessionTimer.LastActivityTime - all self-explanatory. Can there be any other cookies here?

In session storage I have nodes.all as well as viewPanels.all, which are related to the rendered navigation. Can there be any other cookies here?

Accessibility

Furthermore, as a public institution, we have to live up to the accessibility directive, specifically implementing WCAG 2.1, which I unfortunately don't see on the roadmap. How far along is Cireson with accessibility? Is it coming? WAVE is giving me a whole bunch of errors and alerts - a number of these we can fix with custom.js, but it would be nice to have accessibility thought into the design itself, such as alt text for fa icons, form labels, etc.

Best Answers

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Konstantin_Slavin-Bo Below are the Cookies that the Cireson portal uses.

I'll be helping out to create a KB article for this in the near future.

Hope it helps.

Cookie Name: .ASPXAUTH

Description: Forms Authentication cookie. This is used to determine if a user is authenticated.

Cookie Name: CPAUTH

Decription: Platform Cache Authentication cookie. This is used by platform cache to determine if user is authenticated.

Cookie Name__RequestVerificationToken

Description: Antiforgery Token. This is used to prevent CSRF attack.

Answers

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Sounds great, thanks @Brett_Moffett.

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Konstantin_Slavin-Bo Below are the Cookies that the Cireson portal uses.

I'll be helping out to create a KB article for this in the near future.

Hope it helps.

Cookie Name: .ASPXAUTH

Description: Forms Authentication cookie. This is used to determine if a user is authenticated.

Cookie Name: CPAUTH

Decription: Platform Cache Authentication cookie. This is used by platform cache to determine if user is authenticated.

Cookie Name__RequestVerificationToken

Description: Antiforgery Token. This is used to prevent CSRF attack.

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

@Brett_Moffett

Exactly what is needed, thank you very much.

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Konstantin_Slavin-Bo

I am working on a High Contrast Mode for the Portal, I have just finished Dark Mode and I am looking for feedback on this, but High Contrast Mode is still in the works!

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/5802/dark-mode-in-the-portal-well-an-attempt-at-it#latest

Do you join our Community Open-Floor meeting? This is where you can get the latest on what Support is up to!

Thanks,

Shane

• NSERC_LicensingNSERC_Licensing Customer IT Monkey ✭

@Brett_Moffett

WCAG 2.0-2.1 compliance is a hot topic in my government organization. You stated above there is no plans to move to WCG compliance, wondering if this position has changed? If yes, when would be the target date/version?

You also said "next version of the Portal (v10.2) will have customization tags that will greatly help in allowing accessibility tools to navigate and interpret what is being displayed" In the release notes for that release notes for that version, I didn't see any reference to this. Were they implemented?

@NSERC_Licensing I have built a customisation for High Contrast mode in custom javascript and a lot of css tweaks. Would you be interested in testing this out?

@Shane_White

Sure we'll test it out. And see what it gives us more. We had already implemented a 'Dark' Mode for user who requested it, but we can see what you're customizations will provide. How do we get the customizations?

But on the topic WCAG Compatibility, where does Cireson stand on making the Portal WCAG fully compatible?

@NSERC_Licensing

Great, I will build out a package for you and send you install details!

Out of curiosity, what would you want to see for WCAG compatibility?

OK great about the package. I'll let me developer know its coming.

WRT to WCAG, we need the Web apps to be compatible to the WCAG-2.0 standards. We have folks here that are visibly impaired and use screen readers like Dragon speak to do their jobs.

We haven't yet run a WCAG test toll against the Portal, which we will more than likely do shortly.

So whatever it takes to get the Portal to be compatible with the WCAG 2.0 standards

So in my customisation I have made, I have developed a high contrast mode.. would that be sufficient start for people who are visually impaired?

for those can see the screens and can discern at some level the information there, then this could be a start. but for those who have a higher level of impairment and require a screen reader like Dragon speaking or Jaws - another screen reader [ of there are a few available in the market] the high contrast would not be sufficient.

@NSERC_Licensing

Check it out!

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/5855/cireson-portal-dark-and-high-contrast-modes/

I am not sure if screen reader will be something we venture into, but I would raise a feature request for it :-)