Home Analyst Portal
Options

Can i use a sql query and somehow get those results in a view in the portal?

Paul_BoschPaul_Bosch Partner IT Monkey ✭
I know it's a long shot, but since there are certain limitations in SCSM in relationships, SQL does the trick (for us) in some cases.
Otherwise SCSM pushes you to mp's , workflows and custom fields (and not having the values from the original source).
That's why i was wondering to get a sql query point to a view or something like that.
Hope someone has an idea/experience on this matter.
Kind regards,
Paul

Comments

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi Paul, you can do this with custom grids in JavaScript but far far easier is the custom page designer coming in version 6.0 of the portal. If you can't wait, you can try it out in preview version 5.1 which is available today.
  • Options
    Paul_BoschPaul_Bosch Partner IT Monkey ✭
    Hi Geoff, thanks for your answers. Do you have a link towards the java solution and I'll have a look at the new preview version. Thanks again!
  • Options
    chelsea_alonsochelsea_alonso Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I was wanting to do this too and I think i found a pretty good solution. I was seeing how powerful the dashboards are and they utilize a call "../Dashboard/GetDashboardData?queryId=[GUID of your query in DataSource table]." it's a simple GET ajax call so it's really easy to use. Another benefit is that it allows you to define a connection string to whatever database you wish to retrieve data from. 

This Cireson KA discusses the queries in the DataSource table: https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1106#/

Since I'm taking functionality that I'm sure wasn't directly intended for such uses, do be careful not to impact your DB performance too hard. Use at your own risk. 

I'm a little confused as to your application, so I hope this is what you were looking for. I'm about to get to work utilizing this for my own project. Best of luck!