Home Service Manager
Options

SCSM 2016 CustomFormTemplates.dll

Davide_GattiDavide_Gatti Partner IT Monkey ✭
edited September 2022 in Service Manager

Hi All,

Premise: our company inherited a customer with SCSM 2012.

Up to now the environment has never been updated as there are several customizations at the SCSM level (Custom Form, Custom functions, etc.)

Now we are forced to upgrade at least 2016 version and this is where the problems begin.

Management Pack seals have been implemented (fortunately we have the sources) which provide custom forms for the creation of configuration items.

Litware's CustomFormTemplates.dll was used for the creation of the custom forms but being developed in .net 3.5 it is no longer supported with SCSM 2016.

Reading this article, I found out that directions have been given to create the new dll compiled in .net 4.5 but the Litware blog is no longer published and so I cannot recreate this dll.

Does anyone have a guide for creating this dll or the dll compiled with updated .net?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Best regards,

Davide

Answers

• Options
    John_BeasleyJohn_Beasley Customer IT Monkey ✭

Have you tried the wayback machine.... I find that I can get stuff all the time that is no longer available using that.

• Options
    edited September 2022

Do you have Martin McFly Number?😓

I correct the article link.

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't make any promises here, but if you have the source for the Litware History form, you might be able to make use of a blog I wrote around how the SMLets Exchange Connector was created using Visual Studio and VSAE.

The short of it is load the project up, change the target framework, and address any dependency issues by pointing to newer (2016+) DLLs if required.

• Options

Hi Adam,

thanks for your suggest.

unfortunately I do not have the original sources of the dll but reading the post I was able to recreate it.

Unfortunately, even so the problem is not solved and reading other posts I'm afraid that I have to recreate my forms directly on Visual Studio. Do you have any links, guides or anything else I can follow to use the right components.

i can't find anything about how to create the user picker component.

Davide

• Options
    AJ_WittenbrinkAJ_Wittenbrink Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Stumbled on this. but I think this may be why our customizations are no longer working on any new form adjustments. here is the article you referenced from the wayback machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20210928143115/http://blogs.litware.se/?p=1434