Home Analyst Portal
Options

the engineer does not appear in the group

2»

Answers

• Options
    Ilia2510Ilia2510 Member IT Monkey ✭
    edited April 25

Maybe this error somehow affects the exchange?

Message: The specified value does not meet the maximum length requirements.

• Options

I expanded the logs and saw the engineers’ mistakes

• Options
    Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25

what is the mistake? does it say something like "…does not exist in database" ?

• Options
    edited April 25

but does not exist in the database

• Options
    edited April 25

@Ilia2510 in conjunction with the error from your connector, the problem is, that the distinguishedname from the real AD object and the SCSM Domain User Object are different. That would also explain the behaviour of the user not being an Analyst. We had the same thing with some users after a user name change, although there were no errors in the connector. A server restart solved the issue after several weeks. I guess because there was nothing connected to the old username in AD, this was some sort of a cache issue - but this is only a guess.

As in your case the connector is the origin of the misbehaviour, I guess a restart won't change anything. The error in the log says, that the distinguishedname has too many characters in order to update it. The character limit for the disinguishedname in SCSM is 256 characters - might it be that the distinguishedname of these users have more characters than that? If yes, we have found the problem's source and how you can solve it ;)

• Options

Yes, indeed, I created a user whose distinguished name is less than 256 and appeared as an analyst. Is it possible to extend this limitation in SCSM?

• Options

Not without some major hacking I guess - and I wouldn't even try to do that! This might lead to major damage in your environment.

If the DN is really the root cause, you would have to change the Name of the OU in AD, so it doesn't have that many characters.

• Options

Got it, thanks a lot for your help

• Options

you're welcome ;)

Keep me updated if the problem has been solved :)

• Options

ОК

• Options
    edited April 25

What if I change the parameters in SQL? could there be problems when switching from nvarchar(256) to nvarchar(MAX)?

• Options

This is the Servicemanagement DB and has nothing to do with the error message and with the AD Connector ;)

But even the tables inside the Servicemanagement DB shall not be changed!!

• Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Recommend you reset your AD connector.

See other post regrading how to do it.

• Options
    edited April 30

as already stated, this has been done and has not changed anything - It seems the DN of these users is more than 256 characters long and therefor throws an error when syncing it into the SCSM object.

• Options

Good afternoon. Sorry for not writing earlier, it was the weekend. Yes, there was a long DN, as soon as they reduced it they immediately appeared.