Home Service Manager
Options

Anybody else have issue mapping to runbooks that are nested in PAs and/or SAs?

Ian_StephensonIan_Stephenson Customer IT Monkey ✭
edited February 2023 in Service Manager

This has been happening more and more to our system lately. When we create a SR Template with a runbook nested inside an Sequential Activity and/or Parallel Activity, we often get the following error when trying to do the Console mapping in the Advanced Request Offering:

The Multiple Mapping section of the offering builder usually works just fine, unfortunately we have a lot of users that prefer the Console to the Portal so this issue prevents us from finishing the mapping. The only workaround I have found is to pull the runbook out of the nesting, but often that won't work in terms of what the customer wants to see in the workflow.

Here is an example workflow that brings up the error:

Any help or ideas would be amazing!!!!!!

Answers

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

Hi Ian,

Is this one still outstanding?

Geoff

• Options

Hello Geoff!

Yes, it still happens in our environment. I understand there may not be an answer for it, I was just hoping maybe somebody else had seen it happen.

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

Could be a bug. Do you want to log a ticket with us?

• Options

Let me check with my Team Lead, we may log a ticket but we are also currently in the process of moving from Service Manager to ServiceNow and I'm not sure how high on the priority list this is now.

• Options

Geoff,

I spoke to my Team Lead and he said that our transition to ServiceNow is more important at this time so we are going to focus on that. We are also a few versions behind on the Cireson versions of products and there is very rarely any attempt to upgrade those, especially with ServiceNow coming.

Thanks for responding to my post, it can be closed or removed if needed!