Home Analyst Portal
Options

the engineer does not appear in the group

Ilia2510Ilia2510 Member IT Monkey ✭
edited April 18 in Analyst Portal

Hello, I need help. A few days ago, engineers disappeared from the groups. Creating new groups and adding these engineers there did not help. Any ideas on how to solve the problem.

Answers

• Options
    Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

@Ilia2510

How do you map user's AD groups to SCSM support groups? Do you use the portal group mapping?

Are there any erros in the cachebuilder log file?

Try the following query in your sql instance on the Servicemanagement Database:

SELECT [Analyst]
    ,[DisplayName]
    ,[DistinguishedName]
    ,[UserName] FROM [ServiceManagement].[dbo].[CI$User] where Username = '#SamaccountName'

where #Samaccountname is the Samaccountname of one of the users in AD. Do the users have the Analyst flag set to 1?

• Options

For example. Engineers are in the same group, but only some are displayed. I tried to recreate the group but only the same engineers are displayed as displayed.There are no errors in CacheBuilder.

• Options

Has one of these users changed his/her samaccountname or distinguishedname in AD recently?

• Options

As far as I know no

• Options

I would recommend you resync the users table inside the cachebuilder, like it is described in this KB article:

https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1142#!/

First, stop the Cache Builder service and then run the following commands against the ServiceManagement DB:

TRUNCATE TABLE CI$User
    TRUNCATE TABLE CI$DomainGroup
    TRUNCATE TABLE LastModified

Then restart the Cache Builder service.

Does this resolve the issue?

• Options

Yes, I tried this method. Did not help.

• Options

Perhaps the problem is hidden here. The connector started to freeze at 83%, re-creating the connector did not help and it also freezes at 92%. If you clear the checkbox, the task will complete correctly 100%.

• Options

Is this the setting

"Don't set NULL values…." ? ;-)

• Options

This

• Options
    edited April 19

I saw an error

• Options

There was an error in cachebuilder
    System.ArgumentException: An element with the same key has already been added.

• Options

I don't know what happened, but the connector started and passed 100%. But the mistakes remained.

• Options
    edited April 24

We had an issue with an AD connector, bringing in user objects, which didn't exist anymore. We had a call with Microsoft about it and they didn't come up with a real solution - thanks Microsoft…The problem was solved with a new connector though.

Does your connector bring in User obejcts? Or does it only bring in groups and the "Automatcially add users…" setting brings in the users based in these groups? If case 1 is true for you, the setting "Automatically add users…" makes no sense and just adds extra load to your database. There was another community thread about that, where this setting was hammering the database to complete downtime. Additionally, when does your connector run? Best practice is to set it to non-business hours. If that's not the case it might lead to high performance impacts. As we don't have real non-business hours our connector runs during a time, where only some people from night shift or other subsidiaries are online and the normal impact on the database is pretty low.

So before creating a new connector have a look if the setting is disabled and the runtime is set to non-business hours. Then reset the connector watermark by doing the steps described here:

first get the connector you need by executing this sql query against the servicemanager db:

select * from LFX.DataSource

Note the datasource of your AD connector and then execute the following query against the Servicemanager database

exec [LFX].[ResetWatermarkForDataSource] #,'erroroutput'

where # is the datasource from the first query. Now the AD connector will update every object, no matter the watermark.

As this will lead to a higher impact on the database when the connector runs, also make sure this happens during non-business hours again ;-)

• Options

Yes, I've done this before, but unfortunately it didn't help.

I tried to do as described, but after the deletion, the user did not appear.

• Options

Although there is a user in the Service Manager database

• Options

Can you try setting your cachebuilder to error level warning and then restart it?

If there is an error snycing the user, the log file should contain his/her username and maybe the cause for it.

• Options

Do you mean this parameter

• Options
    edited April 24

yes, afaik you have to restart the service afterwards so the change takes effect.

Here is the kb about the logging options for the portal:

https://kb.cireson.com/article/reference-cireson-portal-and-cireson-platform-logging/34

• Options
    edited April 24

The group is displayed, as well as the users.

I don't see any mistakes

• Options
    edited April 24

is this SCSM 2019… group from your screenshot a direct member of the AD group which you use for Cireson Analysts?

I mean the group from the Admin Settings —> Setting Items

• Options
    edited April 24

No, but she's in the specified group. I missed important information, we were hacked, and the servers were attacked. After that, I restored the servers and changed the passwords of all users. I have reviewed and changed the passwords in the services. Maybe I missed something somewhere and didn't replace the password?

• Options

And the SCSM_all_analyst is your Cireson Analyst AD group?

• Options

yes

• Options

Can you try to add the user, who are not available in the list, directly to this SCSM_all_analyst group? Then restart the cachebuilder. I know this is not a solution but I am just wondering. Just because the CI$user table sets the Analyst property to 0, and there are no error messages in the cachebuilder.

• Options

I added a user, but he did not appear in CI$User. I don't understand where the problem is and there is no error in cachebuilder.

• Options

so it does not appear at all? or is it just not an Analyst? if it doesn't appear at all, I would try a complete resync by deleting the last modified and truncating the ci$user table

• Options

It is not displayed at all, you can describe in more detail, step by step, what needs to be done. I'm new to this system.

• Options
    edited April 25

First, stop the Cache Builder service and then run the following commands against the ServiceManagement DB:

TRUNCATE TABLE CI$User
    TRUNCATE TABLE CI$DomainGroup
    TRUNCATE TABLE LastModified

Then wait around 2-3 minutes, then start the Cache Builder service again.

• Options

I did as described, but nothing was added. And there are no errors in Cache Builder.