Are we supposed to be able to update our Knowledge Base Article Enumeration Strings?

Amanda_FeesAmanda_Fees Customer IT Monkey ✭
We have several items in our "Knowledge Article Category" Enumeration list. Recently a request came up to change one of the categories - an example is change "Phone" to "Cisco IP Phones". It seems simple enough, I went into the Enumeration list settings and tried to update the display string, but each time I get "Failed to update Enumeration."

Log says:

2017-04-19 11:52:38,045, ERROR [  53]:  Enumeration / Add or Update
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'Enabled', table 'tempdb.dbo.#zSTG_0_Enumeration_________________________________________________________________________________________________0000000494B3'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated.

It's seeing a null value, but I'm adding one in.

I've tried on both IE11 and FireFox. 

Is this maybe a bug? Or does it not like updating values that are already tied to specific knowledge base articles?

Answers

• Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Amanda,

You should be able to edit those Knowledge Article Category enumerations exactly as you described. I tried reproducing in my lab environment and wasn't able to (v7.4). What version of the Portal are you running? I recall there were some issues with earlier versions.

Thanks,
    nick