Home Analyst Portal
Options

Make Activity Completed Comments Required

Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
How we can make Comments required when marking Completed an MA?

Answers

• Options
    Brad_McKennaBrad_McKenna Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I do not know how to do this at the moment, however I think if we could essentially use the code for the 'Skip' functionality to facilitate the Manual Activity comments.
  • Options
    Anyone with ideas on this?  The Actual End Date field doesn't get populated unless analyst enters comments.
  • Options
    Have you validated if this is only applicable in portal compared to console?
  • Options
    There is no Actual End Date or Actual Start Date in the console., only Scheduled, SM 2012.
  • Options

Working on sprucing up the idea that Tony initially had in your other thread: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1560/force-ma-comments-when-completed

Specifically, this should still be achievable by essentially running a document.ready function, for when the Activities Tab is 'active'. At this point, we can then target the commentWindow Div Id, then specifically the text:cancelText data-bind button.

Is this an ideal solution, no. However this would still achieve your wants as I believe you want two things. One for the Actual End Date to be populated, and two for the Analysts to actually enter in a comment when completing a Manual Activity.

Currently I am working over a limited internet connection, so will update when I can. (Currently at MMS 2017 in Minneapolis, using a hotel wifi :( )

*These are the days I wish I was running a cireson lab on my laptop, or could access a lightweight demo lab*

• Options
    @Brad_McKenna Did you were able to work on this? We are struggling with analysts not entering any comments when completing MAs.
  • Options
    Apologies for the delay Adrian...I had hit some snags in my code. Unfortunately I do not have anything ready yet as I am having difficulty in binding my hide event.