Home Analyst Portal

Link a Cireson HTML KB article with a workitem through PowerShell

Dieter_SaerensDieter_Saerens Partner IT Monkey ✭
Is it possible and how can you connect these? It's part of a bigger script and I should map a newly created SR with Cireson KB's. If I recall Cireson KB is not a Cireson class I can load in PowerShell to set a relation.

Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct, this isn't a class we can just load in PowerShell.

Just browsing the API list that Cireson offers on one's respective portal deployment (top right hand corner, click your name, API Documentation) I don't see anything that suggests you can relate a WI to a Cireson Knowledge Article. I'm really hoping I'm just overlooking something, because this feels like something that should be there.

But if this genuinely can't be done through the web api, you'd have to turn to direct SQL manipulation (via the dbo.WorkItem$KnowledgeArticle table). Certainly less than ideal, but not impossible.
  • Dieter_SaerensDieter_Saerens Partner IT Monkey ✭
    I feared as much. I was looking for a quick solution to add this to the existing script, as editing the SQL data directly isn't ideal indeed.

Thanks for the update.
  • Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm afraid @Adam_Dzyacky is probably right.  But there are undocumented endpoints in that API document.  For example, when loading an incident form a call is made to "api/V3/Article/GetArticlesRelatedToWorkItem?workItemId=<someWorkItemGuid>" and this isn't in the document.  So it's possible there's a RelateWorkItemToArticle or some such endpoint.  But I'm not sure what it might be called. 
    @seth_coussens - any idea?

• seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Probably better to ask @Nicholas_Velich or @joivan_hedrick for this one, as it's been awhile since I touched the KB endpoints.