Cireson Partners, Customers and Community members share your customizations and examples here to help benefit the community as a whole to earn Kudos and badges.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here are provided and come "as-is" and without any warranty or support. Use at your own risk. Your use of Community Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson does not and will not support or maintain these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

For Team Cireson uploads click here.

Add Activity Task

Marc-Andre_LafleurMarc-Andre_Lafleur Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Add any type of activities to any type of work items.

Features
This task is based on Cireson's "Portal add MA to SR Task" with new features:
    - Add Manual, Review, Sequential or Parallel activity
    - Compatible with Service Requests, Incidents, Change Requests and Release Record
    - Activity Templates
        - Different templates for each activity types
        - Copy parent title & description template

No duplicate code for the different work item or activity types. I've reused the same code and functions so that it can stays as short and easy to modify as possible.

It is still possible to add the activity within the parallel activity.

Installation:
Copy the AddActivity.js file to your CiresonPortal\CustomSpace folder.
Copy the AddActivity.html file to your CiresonPortal\CustomSpace folder.
Copy the custom.js contents into your CiresonPortal\CustomSpace\custom.js file.

Setting up templates:
The templates are defined in the AddActivity.js file at Line 81. I've removed my templates from the files but I've kept some examples, including the "Copy parent title & description".
To add a template, copy one of the example template and change the values.
    Type: Add the Activity Prefix ("MA","RA","PA","SA") for which you want this template to appear for.
    TemplateName: The name of the template that will appear in the template dropdown menu.
    TemplateTitle: The title used by the template; what will show as the predefined title once the user select it.
    TemplateDescription: The predefined description. You may need to use escape characters. For example, use \n for line returns.

Features to add:
I would love to be able to add the activity implementer for Manual Activity directly from the window (instead of having to add the activity and the implementer in two steps). Also, support for multi-level activities would be great.
If someone from the community knows how we could do this, it would be a great addition!

Please test in your test environment first!

Download the attached .zip file below

Comments